terms and conditions


Payment must be made in advance or at the time of bike delivery.

Payment can be made by visa card, mastercard and internet banking.

Credit card payments of over NZ$100 incur a 5% surcharge.

BIKE HIRE Delivery

Free delivery area within a radius of 8km from the Octagon, central Dunedin. This covers the central city area and most suburbs. Free delivery area does not include Port Chalmers, Portobello or Mosgiel, charges apply, click here for more information.

Online bike rental orders If you have booked and paid online via our booking system and need delivery within 4 hours, you must ring us on 0211 750 832 or 0800 480 680 to inform us. Failure to do so may result in a delay with the delivery of your bike.

rental agreement form

At the start of your hire period, you will be asked to complete and sign a hire form. By signing this form you are taking responsibility for the bike during the hire period. 

You will need to supply a valid credit card to complete the rental agreement form.

It is the users responsibility to fix any flat tyres and punctures that occur during the rental period, all bikes come with multi-tool, pump and puncture repair kit. Any additional damage done to the bikes during the rental period will be charged to the customer using the credit card that was supplied.


CANCELLATIONS must be made by email to info@ibikehire.co.nz

CANCELLATIONS must be made at least 24 hours prior to the agreed time to receive a refund.

CANCELLATIONS made within 24 hours prior to the agreed time will receive no refund.

REFUND ON BIKE RENTALS Full refund minus 5% administration charge.

REFUND FOR CRUISE SHIP DEALS Cruise Dunedin by Bike, Bike the Bays and Cruise Otago Peninsula by Bike- Full refund minus an administration fee of $20 or 5% of the full paid amount, whichever is greater.

CRUISE SHIP CANNOT DOCK AT PORT CHALMERS Full refund. If it is delayed or postponed, your booking will be transferred to the new arrival time.

OTAGO RAIL TRAIL, CLUTHA GOLD TRAIL AND ROXBURGH GORGE TRAIL ITINERARIES A non-refundable 25% deposit is required to book your itinerary. The remaining 75% is fully refundable until 24 hours prior to your first day. 

NO SHOW If you are not at the agreed time and location, this is regarded as a no show and not eligible for a refund. If you are delayed, we will wait for you, please call us on +64(0)211 750 832 before the agreed meeting time.

WEATHER If you decide to cancel within 24 hours prior to the applicable booking time on account of the weather, there is no refund. 


cruise ship deals

A minimum of 2 applies to all cruise ship deal packages.

Children (under 18yo) must be accompanied by an adult.

Meeting times at Port Chalmers- your preferred meeting time may not be available on the day. You will receive confirmation of the meeting time by email after you book and pay online.

Cruise Ship Deals may be booked online at least 12 hours in advance. Please contact us if you wish to book on the day, there may not be availability.